Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Historicist Theories of Rationality" by Carl Matheson
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Bloor, D. (1976), Knowledge and Social Imagery, London: Routledge & Kegan Paul (Scholar)
- Brown, H., (1988), Rationality, London: Routledge (Scholar)
- Brown, J.R. (1989), The Rational and The Social, London: Routledge (Scholar)
- Friedman, M. (2002), “Kuhn, and the Rationality of Science” in Philosophy of Science, Vol. 69, pp. 171-190 (Scholar)
- Hoyningen-Huene, P. (1993), Reconstructing Scientific Revolutions: Thomas S. Kuhn's Philosophy of Science (translated by A. Levine), Chicago: University of Chicago Press (Scholar)
- Kuhn, T.S. (1962), The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, Chicago: University of Chicago Press (2nd edition published in 1970) (Scholar)
- Kuhn, T.S. (1977), The Essential Tension, Chicago: The University of Chicago Press (Scholar)
- Lakatos, I. (1970), “Falsification and the Methodology of Scientific Research Programmes” in Lakatos and I. Musgrave (ed.) Criticism and the Growth of Knowledge, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Lakatos, I. and E.G. Zahar (1976), “Why Did Copernicus's Programme
Supersede Ptolemy's?”, in R. Westman (ed.) The Copernican
Achievement, Los Angeles: University of California Press. (Scholar)
- Laudan, L. (1977), Progress and its Problems, Berkeley: University of California Press (Scholar)