Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
The Coherence Theory of Truth" by James O. Young
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Blanshard, B., 1939, The Nature of Thought, London: George Allen and Unwin. (Scholar)
- Bradley, F., 1914, Essays on Truth and Reality, Oxford: Clarendon Press. (Scholar)
- Calendish, S., 2006, ‘Francis H. Bradley’, in The Stanford Encyclopedia of
Philosophy, Fall 2006 Edition, Edward N. Zalta (ed.), URL =
- Davidson, D., 1986, ‘A Coherence Theory of Truth and Knowledge,’ Truth And Interpretation, Perspectives on the Philosophy of Donald Davidson, Ernest LePore (ed.), Oxford: Basil Blackwell, 307-19. (Scholar)
- Hempel, C., 1935, ‘On the Logical Positivists' Theory of Truth,’ Analysis, 2: 49-59. (Scholar)
- McGinn, Colin, 2002, ‘The Truth about Truth’, in What is Truth?, Richard Schantz (ed.), Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 194-204. (Scholar)
- Neurath, O., 1983, Philosophical Papers 1913–46, Robert S. Cohen and Marie Neurath (eds.), Dordrecht and Boston: D. Reidel. (Scholar)
- Putnam, H., 1981, Reason, Truth and History, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Rescher, N., 1973, The Coherence Theory of Truth, Oxford: Oxford University Press. (Scholar)
- Russell, B., 1907, ‘On the Nature of Truth,’ Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society, 7: 228-49. (Scholar)
- Thagard, P., 2007, ‘Coherence, Truth and the Development of Scientific Knowledge’, Philosophy of Science, 74: 26-47. (Scholar)
- Walker, R.C.S., 1989, The Coherence Theory of Truth: Realism, anti-realism, idealism, London and New York: Routledge. (Scholar)
- Wright, C., 1995, ‘Critical Study: Ralph C.S. Walker, The Coherence Theory of Truth: Realism, anti-realism, idealism,’ Synthese, 103: 279–302. (Scholar)
- Young, J.O., 1995, Global Anti-realism, Aldershot: Avebury. (Scholar)
- Young, J.O., 2001, ‘A Defence of the Coherence Theory of Truth,’ The Journal of Philosophical Research, 26: 89-101. (Scholar)