Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Turing Machines" by David Barker-Plummer
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Barwise, J. and Etchemendy, J., 1993, Turing's World, Stanford: CSLI Publications. (Scholar)
- Boolos, G.S. and Jeffrey, R.C., 1974, Computability and
Logic, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Davis, M., 1958, Computability and Unsolvability, New York: McGraw-Hill; reprinted Dover, 1982. (Scholar)
- Herken, R., (ed.), 1988, The Universal Turing Machine: A Half-Century Survey, New York: Oxford University Press. (Scholar)
- Hodges, A., 1983, Alan Turing, The Enigma, New York: Simon and Schuster. (Scholar)
- Kleene, S.C., 1936, “General Recursive Functions of Natural Numbers,” Mathematische Annalen, 112: 727–742. (Scholar)
- Lambek, J., 1961, “How to Program an Infinite
Abacus,” Canadian Mathematical Bulletin, 4:
- Lewis, H.R. and Papadimitriou, C.H., 1981, Elements of the Theory of Computation, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. (Scholar)
- Lin, S. and Radó, T., 1965, “Computer Studies of Turing Machine Problems,” Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery, 12: 196–212. (Scholar)
- Petzold, G., 2008, “The Annotated Turing: A Guided Tour
Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and Turing
Machines,”, Indianapolis, Indiana: Wiley. (Scholar)
- Post, E., 1947, “Recursive Unsolvability of a Problem of Thue,” The Journal of Symbolic Logic, 12: 1–11. (Scholar)
- Radó, T., 1962, “On Non-computable
functions,” Bell System Technical Journal, 41 (May):
- Turing, A.M., 1936-7, “On Computable Numbers, With an Application to the Entscheidungsproblem,” Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, s2-42: 230–265; correction ibid., s2-43 (1936): 544–546 (1937). (Scholar)
- Turing, A.M., 1937, “Computability and λ-Definability,” The Journal of Symbolic Logic, 2: 153–163. (Scholar)