OAI Archive: Publikationer från Örebro universitet
Download type: partial
A 'partial' download type means that only articles matching certain keywords will be indexed. Dublin Core subject fields are used for matching. This might not be the best configuration for this archive. For example, if it contains categories ('sets') of articles relevant to this site, you might want to tell us about them so we download all these sets. Click here to edit this archive's configuration or view the sets it offers.
100 entries most recently downloaded from the archive "Publikationer från Örebro universitet"
This set has the following status: partial.
- Musiklärartyper : En Typologisk Studie Av Musiklärare Vid Kommunal Musikskola.Tivenius Olle - unknownThe aim of this study is to establish a typology for instrumental music teachers at Swedish municipal music schools, and to describe different types, generated from questionnaire-answers, regarding how their attitudes and valuations in matters concerning democracy in broad sense are reﬂected in their pedagogical activity. I address the following concrete questions. • From where do music teachers at Swedish municipal music and culture schools get their attitudes and valuations, what circumstances lie behind, and are there speciﬁc circumstances that explain (...)No categories
- The Shunned Essentials of Pedagogy : Authority, Love and Mystery.von Wright Moira - unknownAuthority, love and mystery are three small words that capture the essentials of pedagogy - so I will argue. They tell us about our connection to the world, including each other, yet they are shunned in educational discourse. The aim of my paper is to unfold the relation between these conceptions, and to critically discuss their implications for the pedagogical relation between teachers and young students and locate it within a topographical perspective, in a ‘pedagogy of place’, following Lars Løvlie. (...)No categories
- Pluralism and Unity in Education : On Education for Democratic Citizenship and Personal Autonomy in a Pluralist Society.Rosenquist Joachim - unknownThe overarching theme of this thesis concerns the possibility of balancing the values of unity and pluralism in education in developed nation states characterized by an increasing pluralism when it comes to the beliefs and values of its citizens. The author suggests that democracy has a normative basis in the principle of reciprocity which can be supported in an overlapping consensus by reasonable persons who differ in their moral, religious and philosophical beliefs. It is argued that this basis mandates a (...)No categories
- In Search for a Coherent Meta-Theoretical Structure : A Literature Review of Philosophy of Design.Lakew Nathan & Hedström Karin - unknownThis paper explores the possibility of building a coherent knowledge base for philosophyof design in IS research. After identifying and categorizing what is considered as designissues in the IS field, we propose a taxonomy of design abstractions in the form of a meta-theoretical structure. Based on the proposed hierarchical taxonomy, we have conducteda concept-centric literature review on four leading IS research journals publishedbetween January 2011 and July 2016. Our result shows that the IS field struggles withmisalignment of philosophy of design (...)No categories
- Students’ Aesthetic Experiences of Playing Exergames: A Practical Epistemology Analysis of Learning.Ninitha Maivorsdotter, Mikael Quennerstedt & Marie Öhman - unknownThe aim of this study was to explore Swedish junior high school students meaning-making of participating in exergaming in school based on their aesthetic judgments during game play. A transactional approach, drawing on the work of John Dewey, was used in the study and the data consisted of video- and audio recordings of ongoing video gaming. A practical epistemology analysis was used in order to explore the students’ meaning-making in depth. When analyzing the data, the importance of performing well in (...)
- The Playing Now : A Philosophical Investigation of Present Time in Music.Sven Bjerstedt, Fossum Hanne, Susanna Leijonhufvud & Lia Lonnert - unknownIntroduction: Music, such as the duration of a musical piec e or length of a concert, can b e measured by metronomes and clocks in objective time. However, playing an instrument, singing, attending a concert, listening to a record or reading a musical score are musical activities also experienced as subjective time. Music has an intrinsic temporal dimension of experienced time, often including an intensification of the present moment, coexisting intertwined with its measurable dimensions. This makes music a fasc inating (...)
- Why "What" Matters : On the Content Dimension of Music Didactics.Eva Georgii-Hemming & Jonathan Lilliedahl - unknownIs the most important function of education to provide students with basic skills and useful knowledge in order to eventually become employable? In many parts of the world knowledge league tables and policy documents informs us this is the case. As the question on what should form the educational content seems to be answered, teachers can concentrate on how they should teach; researchers can concentrate on what method is the most effective. In the current rhetoric, however, many vital pedagogical issues (...)No categories