OAI Archive: Publikationer från Södertörns Högskola
Download type: partial
A 'partial' download type means that only articles matching certain keywords will be indexed. Dublin Core subject fields are used for matching. This might not be the best configuration for this archive. For example, if it contains categories ('sets') of articles relevant to this site, you might want to tell us about them so we download all these sets. Click here to edit this archive's configuration or view the sets it offers.
100 entries most recently downloaded from the archive "Publikationer från Södertörns Högskola"
This set has the following status: partial.
- Architectures of Life-Building in the Twentieth Century : Russia, Germany, Sweden.Irina Seits - 2018 - Dissertation, Södertörn UniversityThe modernist concept of life-building as an architectural method for improving the conditions of everyday life originated in Europe during the 1920s. This book explores three modes of functionalism by way of a comparative analysis of both the theoretical discourses and architectural practices associated with functionalism in Russia, Germany, and Sweden. These three countries made significant contributions to the application of functionalism within mass housing construction, the overarching purpose of which was to transform the traditional home into a rational living (...)No categories
- Universal Moral Standards Without an Archimedean Point : Hume's Refutation of Relativism in "A Dialogue".Bohlin Henrik - unknownAn interpretation and evaluation is offered of Hume’s argument on cultural relativism in the essay ‘A Dialogue’. It is argued that Hume sets forth a typology of moral disagreement and for each type disputes the relativist conclusion that right and wrong varies between nations or historical epochs. When there are conflicting views on a moral matter, then either one side can be shown right and the other wrong, by arguments from principles which both sides accept, or more than one reasonable (...)
- The Complexities of Victimhood : Insights From the Organ Trade.Gunnarson Martin & Lundin Susanne - unknownThe aim of this paper is to explore the complexity of the concept of the victim within the context of organ trading. By examining the intricate phenomenon of organ trade, we show how prevailing notions of victimhood form the basis of concrete social practices. The empirical basis for this exploration comprises in-depth interviews conducted during fieldwork in South Africa and Kosovo. We also draw on research undertaken at various expert meetings. What our research in these locations attests to is that (...)No categories
- The Historicity of the Work of Art in Heidegger.Wallenstein Sven-Olov - unknownNo categories
- A Brief Introduction to Transcendental Phenomenology and Conceptual Mathematics.Nicholas Lawrence - 2017 - Dissertation, By extending Husserl’s own historico-critical study to include the conceptual mathematics of more contemporary times – specifically category theory and its emphatic development since the second half of the 20th century – this paper claims that the delineation between mathematics and philosophy must be completely revisited. It will be contended that Husserl’s phenomenological work was very much influenced by the discoveries and limitations of the formal mathematics being developed at Göttingen during his tenure there and that, subsequently, the rôle he (...)
- Public Subjects.Wallenstein Sven-Olov - unknownNo categories
- The Place of Art in Hegel’s Phenomenology.Wallenstein Sven-Olov - unknownNo categories
- A Phenomenology of Transcendence : Edith Stein and the Lack of Authentic Otherness in Martin Heidegger’s Being and Time.Grelz Astrid - unknownThis essay aims to shed light upon the philosophical dignity of Edith Stein’s critique of the early Heideggerian conception of sociality in her text ”Martin Heideggers Existenzphilosophie”, from 1936. I will argue that Stein’s critique of Heidegger’s concept of sociality comes to be substantiated through her existential-philosophical approach to his understanding of the transcendent character of Dasein. By objecting to Heidegger’s definition of Dasein as ecstatic temporality, Stein points out his inattentiveness to authentic otherness in Being and Time, which reaches (...)No categories
- The Theory of History in Spinoza’s Theologico-Political Treatise.Fredrika Spindler - unknown
- The Experience of History.Marcia Sá Cavalcante Schuback - unknown
- Blinding Wisdom – Nietzsche’s Superhistorical Gaze.Hans Ruin - unknownNo categories
- Max Scheler and Edith Stein as Precursors to the “Turn to Religion” Within Phenomenology.Jonna Bornemark - unknown
- Saying the Sacred : Notes Towards a Phenomenology of Prayer.Hans Ruin - unknown
- On Immensity.Marcia Sá Cavalcante Schuback - unknownNo categories
- Gilles Deleuze : A Philosophy of Immanence.Fredrika Spindler - unknown
- Resaying the Human : Levinas Beyond Humanism and Antihumanism.Carl Cederberg - unknownIn this reading a notion of the human is developed through an engagement with the work of French philosopher Emanuel Levinas. The argument is that, with the help of Levinas, it is possible for the idea of the human to be understood anew, for the notion to be ‘resaid’. This resaying of the human is performed in a critical appropriation of the philosophical tradition: Levinas’s work is shown not to be a new variation of the complacent ideology of humanism; the (...)