OAI Archive: Explore Bristol Research
Download type: partial
A 'partial' download type means that only articles matching certain keywords will be indexed. Dublin Core subject fields are used for matching. This might not be the best configuration for this archive. For example, if it contains categories ('sets') of articles relevant to this site, you might want to tell us about them so we download all these sets. Click here
to edit this archive's configuration or view the sets it offers.
Some errors were encountered while harvesting this archive. Click here to view the most recent errors. This archive might not be properly harvested at this time due to these errors. You might want to advise its administrator. We are unable to provide more information about this archive to the public, but archive administrators can contact us for advice on how to rectify problems with their archives. A large number of errors reported here are due to archive software producing / letting end users produce records containing invalid XML.
Return to the list of archives Edit configuration
100 entries most recently downloaded from the archive "Explore Bristol Research"
This set has the following status: partial.
- Introduction: Stoicism in Modern German Philosophy.Kurt W. Lampe & Andrew Benjamin - forthcoming - In Kurt Lampe & Andrew Benjamin (eds.), German Stoicisms: From Hegel to Sloterdijk.
- German Stoicisms: From Hegel to Sloterdijk.Kurt Lampe & Andrew Benjamin (eds.) - 2020 - New York: Bloomsbury Academic.
- Rigour, Proof and Soundness.Oliver M. W. Tatton-Brown - 2020 - Dissertation, University of Bristol
- How Different is Heterodox Economists’ Thinking on Teaching?:A Contrastive Evaluation of Interview Data.Andrew Mearman, Sebastian Berger & Danielle Guizzo - forthcoming - Review of Political Economy.
- Whither Political Economy?:Evaluating the CORE Project as a Response to Calls for Change in Economics Teaching.Andrew Mearman, Danielle Guizzo & Sebastian Berger - 2018 - Review of Political Economy 30 (2).
- ‘TAMA’ economics under siege in Brazil:the threats of curriculum governance reform.Danielle Guizzo, Andrew Mearman & Sebastian Berger - 2021 - Review of International Political Economy 28 (1).
- Isn’t Everyone a Little OCD?Lucienne Spencer & Havi Carel - 2021 - Philosophy of Medicine 2 (1).
- Freeing uneven and combined development from the whip of external necessity: toward a synthesis with Dussel’s liberation philosophy.Aslak-Antti Oksanen - forthcoming - Cambridge Review of International Affairs.
- Towards ever more extended epistemologies: pluriversality and decolonisation of knowledges in participatory inquiry.Patricia C. Gaya - forthcoming - In Danny Burns, Joanna Howard & Sonia Ospina (eds.), Handbook of Participatory Inquiry.
- Materialism:A Philosophical Inquiry.Robin Gordon Brown & James Ladyman - 2019 - New York: Routledge. Edited by James Ladyman.
- Intension in the Physics of Computation:Lessons from the debate about Landauer's principle.James A. C. Ladyman - 2018 - In Physical Perspectives on Computation, Computational perspectives on Physics.
- Structure not Selection.James A. C. Ladyman - 2021 - In Contemporary Scientific Realism and the Challenge from the History of Science.
- What is the Quantum Face of Realism.James A. C. Ladyman - 2019 - In Quantum Worlds: Perspectives on the Ontology of Quantum Mechanics. Cambridge.
- In defence of ordinary objects and a naturalistic answer to the special composition question.Jonas M. Waechter & James A. C. Ladyman - 2019 - In The Nature of Ordinary Objects.
- How Quantum is Quantum Counterfactual Communication?Jonte R. Hance, James Ladyman & John Rarity - 2021 - Foundations of Physics 51 (1):1-17.
- Measuring complexity.Karoline Wiesner & James Ladyman - unknown
- Scientism with a Humane Face.James Ladyman - 2018 - In Jeroen de Ridder, Rik Peels & Rene van Woudenberg (eds.), Scientism: Prospects and Problems. Oxford University Press.
- An Apology for Naturalized Metaphysics.James Ladyman - 2017 - In Matthew Slater & Zanja Yudell (eds.), Metaphysics and the Philosophy of Science.
- Don’t Play Politics with Academic Freedom.James Ladyman - unknown
- The New College is a Business Designed to Profit from Fear.James Ladyman - unknown
- How HEFCE and the Research Councils are Undermining Science and the National Interest.James Ladyman - 2011 - Science in Parliament 68.
- In Praise of Specialization.James Ladyman - 2015 - Philosophers' Magazine 53.
- Things aren't what they used to be: on the immateriality of matter and the reality of relations.James Ladyman - 2015 - In C. Cox, J. Jaskey & S. Malik (eds.), Realism Materialism Art.
- Are there individuals in physics, and if so what are they?James Ladyman - 2015 - In A. Guay & T. Pradeu (eds.), Individuals across the sciences.
- The Foundations of Structuralism and the Metaphysics of Relations.James Ladyman - 2016 - In A. Marmodoro & D. Yates (eds.), The Metaphysics of Relations.
- Going Round in Circles: Landauer vs. Norton on the Thermodynamics of Computation.James Ladyman & Katie Robertson - 2014 - Entropy 16.
- Philosophy of Science.James A. C. Ladyman - 2012 - In Research Techniques for Biomedical Scientists: A Student's Guide to Recognising Best Practice in Research.
- Free Inquiry:The Haldane Principle and the Significance of Scientific Research.Alexander J. Bird & James A. C. Ladyman - 2013 - Social Epistemology 2 (7).
- Theories and Theoretical Terms.James A. C. Ladyman - 2005 - In Donald Borchert (ed.), Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Physics and Computation:The Statues of Landauer's Principle.James A. C. Ladyman - 2007 - In S. B. Cooper, B. Löwe & A. Sorbi (eds.), Computation and Logic in the Real World. CiE 2007. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 4497.
- Review of 'Identity in Physics: A Historical, Philosophical, and Formal Analysis', French, S.Jac Ladyman - 2007 - Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews 2007.
- What Does it Mean to Say a Physical System is Implements a Computation?Jac Ladyman - 2009 - Theoretical Computer Science 410 (4-5).
- Explanation and Scientific realism.Jac Ladyman - 2005 - Metascience 14.
- Idealisation.Jac Ladyman - unknown
- Modality and Constructive Empiricism: a reply to Monton and van Fraassen.Jac Ladyman - 2004 - British Journal for the Philosophy of Science 55.
- What's Really Wrong with Constructive Empiricism? Van Fraassen and the Metaphysics of Modality.Jac Ladyman - 2000 - British Journal for the Philosophy of Science 51 (4):837-856.
- A Semantic Perspective on Idealisation in Quantum Mechanics.Jac Ladyman & S. French - 1998 - In Shanks N. (ed.), Idealization IX: Idealization in Contemporary Physics.
- Bouncing unitary cosmology II. Mini-superspace phenomenology:Mini-Superspace Phenomenology.Sean Gryb & Karim P. Y. Thébault - unknown
- Stiegler, Foucault, and Epictetus:The Therapeutics of Reading and Writing.Kurt W. Lampe - forthcoming - Symposium: The Canadian Journal of Continental Philosophy.
- Quantitative methods I:The world we have lost – or where we started from.Ron Johnston, Richard J. Harris, Kelvyn Jones, David Manley, Wenfei Winnie Wang & Levi Wolf - 2019 - Progress in Human Geography 43 (6):1133- 1142.
- What science can do for democracy – A complexity science approach.T. Eliassi-rad, H. Farrell, Stephan da GarciaLewandowsky, Patricia Palacios, Don A. Ross, Didier Sornette, Karim P. Y. Thebault & Karoline Wiesner - 2020 - Humanities and Social Sciences Communications 7.
- On the Limits of Experimental Knowledge.Peter Evans & Karim P. Y. Thebault - 2020 - Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences 378 (2177).
- Constitutive rules for guiding the use of the Viable System Model:Reflections on practice.David Lowe, Angela Espinosa & Mike Yearworth - forthcoming - European Journal of Operational Research.
- Opportunity and Impasse:Social Change and the Limits of International Legal Strategy.Lee McConnell - unknown
- French and Italian Stoicisms: From Sartre to Agamben.Kurt Lampe (ed.) - 2020 - New York: Bloomsbury Academic.
- How to look and what to see: noticing in a mathematics community.Julian Brown - 2017 - Proceedings of the British Society for Research Into Learning Mathematics 37 (2):6.
- Introduction:Ethics, politics and organizing.Martin Parker - 2003 - Organization 10 (2).
- What has debt got to do with it?:The Valuation of Homeownership in the Era of Financialization.Christian Poppe, Sharon B. Collard & Turf Bocker Jakobsen - 2016 - Housing, Theory and Society 33:59-76.
- The Logos of Ethics in Gorgias' Palamedes, On Nature, and Helen.Kurt W. Lampe - forthcoming - In David Wolfsdorf (ed.), Early Greek Ethics. Oxford University Press.
- Assisted dying and the context of debate: 'medical law' versus 'end-of-life law'.John Coggon - 2010 - Medical Law Review 18 (4):541-563.
- Problems with claims that sanctity leads to 'pro-life' law, and reasons for doubting it to be a convincing 'middle way'.John Coggon - 2008 - Medicine and Law 27 (1):203-213.
- Mind outside Brain: a radically non-dualist foundation for distributed cognition.Francis Heylighen & Shima Beigi - 2018 - In J. A. Carter, A. Clark, Jesper Kallestrup, S. Orestis Palermos & Duncan Pritchard (eds.), Socially Extended Epistemology. Oxford University Press. pp. 59-86.
- Science, Metaphysics and Method.Jac Ladyman - 2008 - Philosophy of Science 75 (5).
- The Alleged Coupling/Constitution Fallacy and Mature Sciences.Jac Ladyman & Don Ross - 2010 - In Richard Menary (ed.), The Extended Mind. MIT Press. pp. 155 - 166.
- The Middle English Wise Book of Philosophy and Astronomy:A Parallel-Text Edition.Carrie Griffin (ed.) - 2013 - Heidelberg, Deutschland: Universitätsverlag Winter.
- Culture-bound syndromes.Havi H. Carel - 2010 - Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences 41 (4).
- A Phenomenology of Tragedy: Illness and Body Betrayal in The Fly.Havi H. Carel - unknown - Journal of Media Arts Culture.
- ‘I Am Well, Apart from the Fact that I Have Cancer’: Explaining Wellbeing within Illness.Havi H. Carel - 2009 - In Lisa Bortolotti (ed.), Philosophy and Happiness. Palgrave Macmillan. pp. 82-99.
- Illness and authenticity.Havi H. Carel - 2010 - In Art and authenticity. Australian Scholarly Publishing. pp. 197-204.
- A Comparison of Identity in Physics and Mathematics.James A. C. Ladyman - 2011 - In Bartosz Brozek, Janusz Maczka & Wojciech P. Grygiel (eds.), Philosophy in Science. Krakow: Copernicus Center Press.
- Commentary: Reply to Hawthorne: Physics before Metaphysics 1.James Ladyman - 2010 - In Simon Saunders, Jonathan Barrett, Adrian Kent & David Wallace (eds.), Many Worlds?: Everett, Quantum Theory, and Reality. Oxford University Press.
- The Alleged Coupling/Constitution Fallacy and Mature Sciences.James Ladyman & Don Ross - 2010 - In Richard Menary (ed.), The Extended Mind. Bradford Book.
- Does Physics Answer Metaphysical Questions?James Ladyman - 2007 - Royal Institute of Philosophy Supplement 61:179-201.
- Ontological Epistemological and Methodological Positions.James Ladyman - 2007 - In Theo Kuipers (ed.), General Philosophy of Science. Amsterdam: Elsevier. pp. 303-376.