OAI Archive: Harvard Dataverse
Download type: partial
A 'partial' download type means that only articles matching certain keywords will be indexed. Dublin Core subject fields are used for matching. This might not be the best configuration for this archive. For example, if it contains categories ('sets') of articles relevant to this site, you might want to tell us about them so we download all these sets. Click here to edit this archive's configuration or view the sets it offers.
Some errors were encountered while harvesting this archive. Click here to view the most recent errors. This archive might not be properly harvested at this time due to these errors. You might want to advise its administrator. We are unable to provide more information about this archive to the public, but archive administrators can contact us for advice on how to rectify problems with their archives. A large number of errors reported here are due to archive software producing / letting end users produce records containing invalid XML.
100 entries most recently downloaded from the archive "Harvard Dataverse"
- A Kantian Responds to Santayana.Samuel J. M. Kahn - 2015 - SOCRATES 3 (1):66-79.In this paper, I have argued that whatever might be said about his attack on other German philosophers, Santayana’s attack on Kant, despite its subtlety, its force and its intelligence, is fundamentally misguided. Teasing out where Santayana’s attack rests on misunderstandings of Kant’s philosophy is a useful exercise: it is useful for Kantians, for it gives us a chance to show Kant at his best; it is useful for Santayana scholars, for it reminds us that Santayana, for all his brilliance, (...)
- The Superman/Kent Hypothesis: On the Epistemological Limit Between Human and Superhuman.Alexandros Schismenos - 2015 - SOCRATES 3 (1):57-65.Everybody knows that Superman is Clark Kent. Nobody knows that Superman is Clark Kent. Located between these two absolute statements is the epistemological limit that separates the superhero fictitious universe from our universe of causal reality. The superheroic double identity is a secret shared by the superhero and the reader of the comic or the viewer of the movie, and quite often the superhero winks at the outside world, thus breaking the 4th wall and establishing this collusive relationship. However, in (...)
- Exploring the Explorer : My Conversation With Dr. A. K. Choudhary.Kumar Ashutosh - 2014 - SOCRATES 2 (3):137-143.Arbind Kumar Choudhary, the propagator of the cultural beauty of India to the world, needs no recognition in the contemporary literary society in India and abroad who credits more than 1200 sensational poems published in India, Mongolia , Canada, China, Cyprus, Greece, Malta and England besides two journals, national and global awards and fifty published interviews in Malta, Romania, Albania and India for the prosperity of Indian culture all around the corner. There are a number of his poetry suitors in (...)
- The Ultimate Solution of the Serial Killer in Hans Kelsen's Positivism.Antonio Araujo - unknownSerial murders are not an unprecedented sort of violence, neither are they geo or ethnoconcentrated crimes, as it has been shown by Richard von Krafft-Ebing, who, in the nineteenth century, wrote some essays on violent crimes, especially those of sexual connotation. Serial murders have comparative low incidence. It is estimated that they correspond to less than 1% of homicides per year. However, its media appeal is conversely proportional to the estimation above, and dates back to 1888 with the serial killing (...)
- Repository of Published Versions of Papers by This Author.Blanca de Lizaur - unknownPapers in this dataverse belong to the fields of Cultural Studies, Media --Media contents, Communications, Telenovela/Soap opera/Teleroman, Melodrama, Reception Theory, Literary Theory, Narration Studies, Popular Art and Literature, Sociology, the Paradoxes of Power, Prospective Studies, Agenda Setting, Content Management, Media Management and Sales, Cognitivism, Philosophy of Medicine, Paradigm shift, and the Digital Society. Also: Some unexpected but related subjects like Voice Production, Gender issues, etc.