Back   

2016-01-22
Thesis proposal

Hi everybody, Hi philosophy of mind lovers!

In the beginning, I am very grateful for reading this new thread. The question is as follows,but I suppose before that, I give a brief explanation of my background. I entered to the realm of western philosophy especially with concentration on mind issues around 2 years before.
In fact, my main background in philosophy comes from an eastern philosophy (especially Sufism). That`s why most of articles I submit to the conferences and journal about mind based on eastern philosophy are rejected in the west !!! (No problem! This is life!) 
In any case, I passed a cumbersome path to reach in a level of analytical philosophy that I understand somehow what is going on here. So, for me, it is the time to choose a topic for my thesis in philosophy of mind. My professors have proposed me some topics, but I ask you here based on your strong background in philosophy of mind: which topic do you recommend to me to start? Which topic is the most challenging issue and also the newest one in this realm of philosophy from your viewpoint? Thanks in advance...I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Morteza 

2016-01-25
Thesis proposal
I cannot know what interests you, but a good dissertation explaining how Sufism deals with the issues that concern philosophy of mind would be valuable. Or, an explanation of the metaphysics of Sufism/nonduality with a focus on phil. of mind. There's not enough of this sort of writing imho.

2016-01-26
Thesis proposal
Hi, I think it is better that you choose a topic that you like yourself  to think about it, otherwise there is a lot of interesting topic in philosophy of mind: you can read two or tree books in this area written by famous scholars and you yourself some of them. Good luck .

2016-01-26
Thesis proposal
Dear Peter,

Thanks for your kind reply...Yes, they would be great. In the meantime, I am not very strict to continue my dissertation in philosophy of mind based on Sufism. I am flexible in this way and I even try to experience other topics rather than whatever I have in my background. Anyway, Thanks..

2016-01-26
Thesis proposal
Reply to Malek Malek
Dear Malek,

Thanks for your help...You are right. I will follow your instruction.