Back   

2011-07-25
Philosophy of Information category
Hello,

Does anyone think that the subcategories for this category need to be refined? It seems that many entries can be shoved into Concepts of Information, though I am not sure if this is optimal.

For example, there are many articles focusing on Logic and Information. Should these be lumped together with general articles concerning conceptions of information? Or is it possible to have a cross-reference to another section under the logic category.

Another example: there are many articles concerning Information and Epistemology. Should there be a subcategory for this? There is another related section for this, namely:

Philosophy of Mind > Intentionality > Naturalizing Mental Content > Information-Based Accounts of Mental Content.

- Simon

2011-07-25
Philosophy of Information category
Simon -- I see that you're editor for this category.  As such, refining the category is your job! The way it works is that you email me with a proposal for refined subcategories, we discuss it and possibly refine it, and I'll implement the refined version.  Thanks!  N.B. Crosslisting categories is certainly possible and encouraged.