Discussion:
  1. The Delude.Yoji K. Gondor (ed.) - 2013 - Sintesi Point Publishing.
    The amount of data to which a human is exposed has increased over time. The Delude is defined here as an individual that is overwhelmed by various incoherent and false assertions that data contains. This writing is a philosophical study that reflects on the epistemic conditions in which knowledge is accumulated. It is obvious that large amounts of falsehood, when regarded as truth, can induce heavy damage to anyone's intellect. -/- Frequently, a faulty mental state is induced by corrupt knowledge. (...)
    Direct download (3 more)  

Export citation  

Bookmark  
Back    All discussions

2014-12-16
The Delude - a wildly deluded individual.

The writing describes a new sort of individual, “a delude”. People like Hitler would well fit the description. He was mentally healthy, however overwhelmed by grossly deluded opinions.

Here is the description from the text: 

"Even when a person is born possessing a healthy mental state, the familial and environmental assault during childhood with deluded opinions and behavior can be the basis for an individual to develop into a delude, an individual in a deluded mental state. In this writing, the label fool, or imbecile, is sometimes interchangeable with the underlying primary conditions of the delude. A fool is predisposed to accept deluded opinions as true; however, he or she can have an overall good awareness of social norms and laws that he or she learned to comply with. A fool is not, because of his mental condition alone, a villain. In contrast, the delude typically develops overwhelming extreme views. These views can be held as more important than any social or legal considerations. Because of this, the delude is heavily inclined toward harmful acts and fueled by his deceptive extremism; he or she leans toward social rebellion that does not exclude criminal acts. "

I believe some that held extrem opinions qualify as it is described above. I would appreciate to get some input on the matter.

2015-01-21
Reply to Joseph Krecz
Absolutely. 
However there are major issues here.  I think, to paraphrase Foucault a little, the centre (norm, social norms etc) defines the "inside" and "outside" to protect it self, placing human beings on the outside - a potentially dangerous practice. 

Sexcondly, this comes from a purely insider perspective.  You raise Adolf Hitler, which is a good piont.  I am sure that he would have used this: 

the delude typically develops overwhelming extreme views. These views can be held as more important than any social or legal considerations. Because of this, the delude is heavily inclined toward harmful acts and fueled by his deceptive extremism; he or she leans toward social rebellion that does not exclude criminal acts. 

to justify his attacks on Communism and other political positions which disagreed with his fascist concepts. Many peaceful but disruptive protests against Government actions have included criminal acts - and therefore the statement could justify labeling these protesters as "deludes".  The work of Sea Shepherd against Japanese whalers in the Southern Ocean for instance.

How do you intend to overcome these sorts of issues? 

2015-02-07
Reply to Ian Stuart

Dear Ian.

Thanks for your response. During years, I gathered a bunch of notes on the unfortunate condition of human nature, on the opposing side of the fortunate humans we respect. (such as geniuses)  I got retired and became very bored; I used my time to put the notes together. First I titled them; “The Fool”, later “The Confident Fool”, and finally “The Delude”. The concept of The Delude (I could not think of a better name) came from the writing, and was not planned. By looking at all sort of human conditions, some of them just could not be reasonably classified. For example Hitler: was he insane, a criminal, or a highly deluded mind?

I published this writing, you can find a copy on Amazon.com, or you can download a free PDF copy from the Philpapers website. (or email me at: gondork@yahoo.com , I could send you a complimentary copy).

The writing is becoming popular in the UK, and also at my local StarBucks. The subject is not well developed, I am working for a few years on a different project, and I decided not to update The Delude, despite the problems and inputs I received. You made some valid points and asked good questions. Some are already answered in the writing, and others have no answer yet. 

Greetings from California where I reside now. Yoji

2015-02-17
Reply to Joseph Krecz
Dear Yoji

Awesome.  I think you are onto something.  And it is something important in the contemporary world, especially in the internet age with the huge range of what are loosely called 'Conspiracy Theories' out there. 
I hope you can resolve the conflicts.

2016-06-21
Reply to Joseph Krecz
I'm a psychologist (dr of philosophy not dr in philosophy).   I find Hitler, like some odd bohemian friends of mine to be what I call "metaphorically physically (as in physics) relevant"   However bizarre/ off the "facts" they are, they have integrity to their delusion, which is symptomatic of the large problems of society.  So.... They represent and have an impact where the malignantly apathetic don't.

I'm a Hillary Clinton supporter because I have maintained acceptable level of neural development in spite of being an American for over fifty years, but I find Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump (I think they are the same person actually, I call them "Larry") to have been enhanced by God to be metaphorically relevant. They are so bizarre and contradictory to most we hold true but there is a comical integrity about what they say and do that speaks symptomatically about how f***** up we are. So, it speaks.  I'm an Indian (Native American) and I get bored quickly when people go through the motions to talk and don't say anything, even something stupid.  Something wrong or stupid, with some internal consistency over time (that is, integrity) is still something, not nuttin honey ;^)

The slogan I came up with for Trump is, "Truth:  You're fired!"  Trump 2016