Back    All discussions

2015-02-12
Me is you is me
Sorry for my very poor English but I will try to explain what going on in my mind.
What if we are same soul?I mean what if i and you is same so I ask you question and by answering me i am actually answer my self !
To prove my thuory imagine that you spliced into two parts, one part contain a: half brain, heart, stomach and every member of your body.. The other part contain half brain and an artificial members that makes you alive
My question is .. Where are you? Which one is you if  part(1) wakeup and looked at part(2) did that means part(2) know what part(1) thinking? Of Course no! But this bodies are you.
The same story applies to every life from human to alian.

2015-03-09
Me is you is me
This looks like a pantheistic view to me, or very much like the Buddhist concept of Budhanature. 

2015-04-10
Me is you is me
Reply to Ian Stuart
Ramadan, you did well with your English. Modern philosophical thinking is still struggling to detach itself from the Cartesian trap which Descartes has put us into. First is the challenge of localizing the self. The self is the soul which is immaterial. By fusing two incompatible entities, we a run the risk of a contradiction. So when he localized the self or soul in the pineal gland, he showed how ill prepared he was with the task he embarked upon. The soul or self is not in any part of the brain, and cannot be reduced to any of the processes of the brain. Second, following Aristotelian matter and form, we see that matter is the individuation of Form. Form determines what matter becomes. So when you divide the human person into two, you do not have a human being again, and so the form cannot be said to be present in the matter. Here the form is the soul or self, and the matter is the mortal being. thus the self is individuated in a matter which must be a human being, nothing short of it. Maybe we should wait for science to achieve this medical feat before we change our concept of matter and form. Nice one

2017-01-06
Me is you is me
Your questions are similar to my own Mohammed, although I'm not yet at a point where I can define a soul.What really seems to matter is how we perceive ourselves, what makes us what we are and what sustains us. The first question will be answered in many ways, but I think an important consideration is, as you point out, our relationship with others. Not just human, and perhaps even the inanimate. Our origins and continued existence rely on so much around us that it sees naive to see ourselves as separate from it, let alone separate from each other. We need the sun to live. We need plants to capture the sun's energy for us and provide the oxygen we breath. Are they any less essential to us than the heart and stomach which we perceive as separated from everything else because it is packaged in a wrapping of skin? Is self a distraction, like a dazzling jewel we can't take our eyes away from? Are not these communications in these forums a part of us? - made possible by the efforts of countless other human beings unknown to us yet working to further OUR lives? It allows us to use the brains of other humans to build ourselves. What we come up with becomes a part of humanity, not just ourselves. The human knowledge that is available to us is spread across humanity, not contained in a single individual. To be truly human is to be one of many. Even human consciousness is spread over our entire population. Many are aware of more than any individual.
You can definite such thoughts as pantheism, but they are not based on "faith" or "belief" but on real-world observations. It is wrong to see them as a religion. The distinction is important to me as it provides a more rational basis for ethics. The perception of evolution as a struggle between competing individuals is hopelessly incomplete without the recognition of the vital contribution of beneficial interactions that contribute to the thriving, life-filled world that we participate in. Ethics is fundamentally about our interactions with the world about us and when we recognize the essential nature of our surroundings, it becomes common sense to care for our world and much of what it contains - including our fellow human beings, regardless of culture, faith or race.

2017-01-06
Me is you is me
"So when you divide the human person into two, you do not have a human being again, and so the form cannot be said to be present in the matter." Hemispherectomy is a surgical procedure in which one cerebral hemisphere is removed. Individuals remain human and very functional after such a procedure. The split brain procedure cuts communication between the two cerebral hemispheres and reveals some interesting relationships between the two halves of the brain. You can search both terms to learn more.