"Philosophy of Happiness: A Critical Introduction" summarizes (a) what philosophy of happiness is, (b) why it should matter to us, (c) what assistance we can draw from philosophy, empiric science, religion, and self-help sources, and (d) why taking an independent approach is both necessary and feasible.
The article is in PDF format, 60 pages. The table of contents links directly to the listed captions. Also available in an html version under the phone variant of the referenced philosophy of happiness website.
Table of Contents
1. The Definition of Happiness.
2. The Definition of Philosophy of Happiness.
3. Taking Refuge from the Complexity of Happiness.
4. Self-Help Contributions to Philosophy of Happiness.
5. Religious Contributions to Philosophy of Happiness.
6. Philosophical Authorities on Philosophy of Happiness.
7. Happiness Studies by Sciences Beyond Philosophy.
8. Independent Approaches Toward a Philosophy of Happiness.
9. Further Reading.