Maintaining credibility when communicating uncertainty: the role of directionality

Thinking and Reasoning 27 (1):97-123 (2020)
  Copy   BIBTEX

Abstract

Risk communicators often need to communicate probabilistic predictions. On occasion, an event with 10% likelihood will occur, or one with 90% likelihood will not – a probabilistically unexpected ou...

Links

PhilArchive



    Upload a copy of this work     Papers currently archived: 76,264

External links

Setup an account with your affiliations in order to access resources via your University's proxy server

Through your library

Similar books and articles

Direction and description.Yemima Ben-Menahem - 2001 - Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part B: Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics 32 (4):621-635.
The golem: Uncertainty and communicating science.Trevor Pinch - 2000 - Science and Engineering Ethics 6 (4):511-523.
The golem: Uncertainty and communicating science. [REVIEW]Professor Trevor Pinch - 2000 - Science and Engineering Ethics 6 (4):511-523.
Maintaining Trust and Credibility in a Continuously Evolving Organic Food System.Martin Hvarregaard Thorsøe - 2015 - Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics 28 (4):767-787.
Varieties of uncertainty monitoring.John H. Flavell - 2003 - Behavioral and Brain Sciences 26 (3):344-344.
Moral Risk and Communicating Consent.Renée Jorgensen Bolinger - 2019 - Philosophy and Public Affairs 47 (2):179-207.
Testimonial Injustice Without Credibility Deficit.Federico Luzzi - 2016 - Thought: A Journal of Philosophy 5 (3):203-211.

Analytics

Added to PP
2020-02-11

Downloads
8 (#988,433)

6 months
1 (#449,844)

Historical graph of downloads
How can I increase my downloads?

Citations of this work

No citations found.

Add more citations