- Frustrative Nonreward in Partial Reinforcement and Discrimination Learning: Some Recent History and a Theoretical Extension.Abram Amsel - 1962 - Psychological Review 69 (4):306-328.
- Motivational Properties of Frustration: I. Effect on a Running Response of the Addition of Frustration to the Motivational Complex.Abram Amsel & Jacqueline Roussel - 1952 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 43 (5):363.
- Short-Term and Long-Term Factors in Extinction and Durable Persistence.Abram Amsel, Paul T. Wong & Kenneth L. Traupmann - 1971 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 90 (1):90.
- Selective Association and the Anticipatory Goal Response Mechanism as Explanatory Concepts in Learning Theory.Abram Amsel - 1949 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 39 (6):785.
- The Effect Upon Generalized Drive Strength of Emotionality as Inferred From the Level of Consummatory Response.Abram Amsel & Irving Maltzman - 1950 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 40 (5):563.
- Durability of Persistence as a Function of Number of Partially Reinforced Trials.Kenneth L. Traupmann, Paul T. Wong & Abram Amsel - 1971 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 88 (3):372.
- Arousal, Suppression, and Persistence: Frustration Theory, Attention, and its Disorders.Abram Amsel - 1990 - Cognition and Emotion 4 (3):239-268.
- Anxiety-Produced Interference in Serial Rote Learning with Observations on Rote Learning After Partial Frontal Lobectomy.Robert B. Malmo & Abram Amsel - 1948 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 38 (4):440.
- Within-Subjects Partial Reinforcement Effects Varying Percentage of Reward to the Partial Stimulus Between Groups.Karen Galbraith, Michael E. Rashotte & Abram Amsel - 1968 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 77 (4):547.
- Generalization of Fear-Motivated Interference with Water Intake.Abram Amsel & Keith F. Cole - 1953 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 46 (4):243.
- Acquisition and Extinction Under Single Alternation and Random Partial-Reinforcement Conditions with a 24-Hour Intertrial Interval.C. Thomas Surridge & Abram Amsel - 1966 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 72 (3):361.
- Can Generalization of the Partial Reinforcement Extinction Effect Be Reduced by Distinctiveness Pretraining?Abram Amsel, Michael E. Rashotte & Karen Galbraith - 1969 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 81 (2):401.
- Frustrative Factors in Selective Learning with Reward and Nonreward as Discriminanda.Abram Amsel & David L. Prouty - 1959 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 57 (4):224.
- Hippocampus, Memory and Movement.Abram Amsel - 1979 - Behavioral and Brain Sciences 2 (4):494-495.
- The Effect Upon Level of Consummatory Response of the Addition of Anxiety to a Motivational Complex.Abram Amsel - 1950 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 40 (6):709.
- The Influence of Early Experience on the Frustration Effect.Abram Amsel & Elizabeth C. Penick - 1962 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 63 (2):167.
- Effects of Inescapable Shock in the Rat: Learned Helplessness or Response Competition.David R. Burdette, David S. Krantz & Abram Amsel - 1975 - Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society 6 (1):96-98.
- Comment on "Role of Prefeeding in an Apparent Frustration Effect.".Abram Amsel - 1958 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 56 (2):180.
- Work and Rest Factors in Eyelid Conditioning.Simon Vandermeer & Abram Amsel - 1952 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 43 (4):261.
- The Effects of Prolonged Thwarting on Instfumental Response Extinction.Howard Glazer, Jaw-Sy Chen, Deberie Gomez & Abram Amsel - 1973 - Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society 2 (3):136-138.
- Effect of Interpolated Extinction on the Reacquisition of Partially and Continuously Rewarded Responses.C. Thomas Surridge, Joanna Boehnert & Abram Amsel - 1966 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 72 (4):564.
- The Combination of a Primary Appetitional Need with Primary and Secondary Emotionally Derived Needs.Abram Amsel - 1950 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 40 (1):1.
- Motivational Properties of Frustration: III. Relation of Frustration Effect to Antedating Goal Factors.Abram Amsel & William Hancock - 1957 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 53 (2):126.
- The Partial Reinforcement Acquisition Effect in Preweanling and Juvenile Rats.Jaw-Sy Chen, Keith Gross, Mark Stanton & Abram Amsel - 1980 - Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society 16 (4):239-242.
- Motivational Properties of Frustration: II. Frustration Drive Stimulus and Frustration Reduction in Selective Learning.Abram Amsel & Joseph S. Ward - 1954 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 48 (1):37.
- Number of Food Pellets and the Partial Reinforcement Extinction Effect After Extended Acquisition.Abram Amsel, C. Thomas Surridge & James J. Hug - 1969 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 82 (3):578.
- Two Tests of the Sheffield Hypothesis Concerning Resistance to Extinction, Partial Reinforcement, and Distribution of Practice.Wilma Wilson, Elizabeth J. Weiss & Abram Amsel - 1955 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 50 (1):51.
- Magnitude of the Frustration Effect as a Function of Confinement and Detention in the Frustrating Situation.John R. McKinnon & Abram Amsel - 1964 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 67 (5):468.
- Frustration Theory and Partial Reinforcement Effects: The Acquisition-Extinction Paradox.James J. Hug & Abram Amsel - 1969 - Psychological Review 76 (4):419-421.
- Number of Food Pellets, Goal Approaches, and the Partial Reinforcement Effect After Minimal Acquisition.Abram Amsel, James J. Hug & C. Thomas Surridge - 1968 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 77 (4):530.
- Within-Subject Demonstration of a Relationship Between Frustration and Magnitude of Reward in a Differential Magnitude of Reward Discrimination.Richard H. Peckham & Abram Amsel - 1967 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 73 (2):187.
- Extinction Following Partial Delay of Reward with Immediate Continuous Reward Interpolated, at 24-Hour Intertrial Intervals.Janet A. Donin, C. Thomas Surridge & Abram Amsel - 1967 - Journal of Experimental Psychology 74 (1):50-53.
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: