- Tikki Pang (2011). Developing Medicines in Line with Global Public Health Needs: The Role of the World Health Organization. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics 20 (2):290-297.
- Alison Bashford (2006). Global Biopolitics and the History of World Health. History of the Human Sciences 19 (1):67-88.
- Ilona Kickbusch, Wolfgang Hein & Gaudenz Silberschmidt (2010). Addressing Global Health Governance Challenges Through a New Mechanism: The Proposal for a Committee C of the World Health Assembly. Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics 38 (3):550-563.
- A. G. Fraser (1977). Medical Migration and World Health. Journal of Medical Ethics 3 (4):179-182.
- Ilona Kickbusch, Wolfgang Hein & Gaudenz Silberschmidt (2010). Addressing Global Health Governance Challenges Through a New Mechanism: The Proposal for a Committee C of the World Health Assembly. Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics 38 (3):550-563.
- John J. Carvalho (2007). The Scientist as Statesman: Biologists and Third World Health. Zygon 42 (2):289-300.
- Margaret P. Battin (2008). Angela Ballantyne has a BSc in Genetics and a PhD in Bioethics. She has Worked for the World Health Organization (Geneva), Imperial College London (UK), Monash University, and Flinders University (Australia). Her Interests Include Research Ethics, Global Health, Exploitation, Genethics, and Public Health Ethics. [REVIEW] International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics 1 (1).
- Udo Schuklenk & Peter Sy (2007). Health : Developing World Health Issues. In Jesper Ryberg, Thomas S. Petersen & Clark Wolf (eds.), New Waves in Applied Ethics. Palgrave-Macmillan.
- Derek Yach (1998). Health and Illness: The Definition of the World Health Organization. [REVIEW] Ethik in der Medizin 10 (1):7-13.
- Norman Howard-Jones (1981). The World Health Organization in Historical Perspective. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine 24 (3):467-482.
- W. Rudowski (1980). World Health Organisation Biomedical Research Guidelines and the Conduct of Clinical Trials. Journal of Medical Ethics 6 (2):58-60.
- D. A. Willoughby (1964). The Use of Vital and Health Statistics for Genetic and Radiation Studies. Proceedings of the Seminar Sponsored by the United Nations and the World Health Organization, Held in Geneva, September 5th-9th, 1960. [REVIEW] The Eugenics Review 55 (4):230.
- Paul Weindling (1997). Philanthropy and World Health: The Rockefeller Foundation and the League of Nations Health Organisation. Minerva 35 (3):269-281.
- Melissa Parker (2000). Integrated Management of Childhood Illness: A WHO/UNICEF Initiative. Supplement No. 1 to Volume 75 of the Bulletin of the World Health Organization. Pp. 128. (World Health Organization, Geneva, 1997.) US $18, ISBN 92-4-068750-5. [REVIEW] Journal of Biosocial Science 32 (3):421-432.
- Karen M. Booth (1998). National Mother Global Whore and Transnational Femocrats: The Politics of AIDS and the Construction of Women at the World Health Organization. Feminist Studies 24 (1):115-39.
- Democratic Party (2004). The Week in Europe is Frequently Concerned with Health Issues. One of These Appeared in July: The European Commission and the World Health Organization Have Agreed a Strategic. Nursing Ethics 11 (6).
- A. M. Brown (1970). Infant Nutrition in the Sub-Tropics and Tropics. By D. B. Jellife. Pp. 336. (Second Edition: World Health Organization, Geneva, 1968. Monograph Series, No. 29). Price 54s. [REVIEW] Journal of Biosocial Science 2 (1):85-87.
- Christine Hallett & Lis Wagner (2011). Promoting the Health of Europeans in a Rapidly Changing World: A Historical Study of the Implementation of World Health Organisation Policies by the Nursing and Midwifery Unit, European Regional Office, 1970-2003. Nursing Inquiry 18 (4):359-368.
- Elena Godina (2002). Reduction of Maternal Mortality. A Joint WHO/UNFPA/UNICEF/World Bank Statement. Pp. 40, Available in English, French and Spanish. (World Health Organization, Geneva, 1999.) US$12.60, ISBN 92-4-156195-5. [REVIEW] Journal of Biosocial Science 34 (2):287-288.
- A. J. Davis (2001). Report of the World Health Assembly 2001. Nursing Ethics 8 (6):554-555.
- Elena Godina (2004). Children in the New Millennium: Environmental Impact on Health. By UNEP, UNICEF & WHO. Pp. 142. (World Health Organization, 2002.) SwFr 15.00, 92–4-159016–5, Paperback. [REVIEW] Journal of Biosocial Science 36 (6):741-742.
- Sudeepa Abeysinghe (2014). An Uncertain Risk: The World Health Organization's Account of H1N1. Science in Context 27 (3):511-529.
- P. F. Basch (1989). Biomedical Innovation and World Health. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine 33 (4):501-508.
- This Essay Was Written Before March (1994). When Trials of RU486 Began in Melbourne and Sydney Under the Auspices of the World Health Organisation's Human Reproduction Program. See Melinda Tankard Reist,(1994) RU486 Trials-Controversy in Australia. [REVIEW] Bioethics Research Notes 6 (3):25-26.
- Lawrence O. Gostin (2015). World Health Organization Reform: Lessons Learned From the Ebola Epidemic. Hastings Center Report 45 (2):6-7.
- Anne Hardy (2009). John Farley.Brock Chisholm, the World Health Organization, and the Cold War. Xiv + 254 Pp., Figs., Tables, Bibl., Index. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press, 2008. $85. [REVIEW] Isis 100 (2):437-438.
- J. P. Jardel (1993). Distinguished Guests and Colleagues, Ladies and Gentlemen. The Director-General of the World Health Organization, Dr Hiroshi Nakajima, Absent From Geneva, has Asked Me to Represent Him Today at the Beginning of This Important Conference. It is Therefore My. In Zbigniew Bańkowski & Robert J. Levine (eds.), Ethics and Research on Human Subjects: International Guidelines: Proceedings of the Xxvith Cioms Conference, Geneva, Switzerland, 5-7 February 1992. Cioms. pp. 2.
- Hannah Landecker (2007). Kirsten Ostherr.Cinematic Prophylaxis: Globalization and Contagion in the Discourse of World Health.Xii + 275 Pp., Illus., Figs., Apps., Bibl., Index. Durham, N.C.: Duke University Press, 2005. $22.95. [REVIEW] Isis 98 (2):411-412.
- Melissa Parker (2000). HIV and Infant Feeding. (World Health Organization, Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) and United Nations Children's Fund, 1998.) US $14.40. [REVIEW] Journal of Biosocial Science 32 (2):286-287.
- Aj Voelke (1991). Health of the World, Health of the Individual, Marcus-Aurelius'ad Se Ipsum Libri XII'v-8. Revue Internationale de Philosophie 45 (178):322-335.
- Lisa Fuller (2012). International NGO Health Programs in a Non-Ideal World: Imperialism, Respect & Procedural Justice. In E. Emanuel J. Millum (ed.), Global Justice and Bioethics. Oxford University Press. pp. 213-240.
- I. V. Carvalho (2009). Our Common Enemy: Combatting the World's Deadliest Viruses to Ensure Equity Health Care in Developing Nations. Zygon 44 (1):51-63.
- A. Wagstaff (2001). Economics, Health and Development: Some Ethical Dilemmas Facing the World Bank and the International Community. Journal of Medical Ethics 27 (4):262-267.
- Teri Chettiar (2012). Democratizing Mental Health Motherhood, Therapeutic Community and the Emergence of the Psychiatric Family at the Cassel Hospital in Post-Second World War Britain. History of the Human Sciences 25 (5):107-122.
- Shelley Morrisette, William D. Oberman, Allison D. Watts & Joseph B. Beck (2015). Health Care: A Brave New World. [REVIEW] Health Care Analysis 23 (1):88-105.
- Patrick Bracken & Philip Thomas (2005). Postpsychiatry: Mental Health in a Postmodern World. Oxford University Press UK.
- Neil Arya & Joanna Santa Barbara (eds.) (2008). Peace Through Health: How Health Professionals Can Work for a Less Violent World. Kumarian Press.
- Sirrku Kristiina Hellsten (2001). From Human Wrongs to Universal Rights: Communication and Feminist Challenges for the Promotion of Women's Health in the Third World. Developing World Bioethics 1 (2):98–115.
- Shelley Morrisette, William D. Oberman, Allison D. Watts & Joseph B. Beck (2015). Erratum To: Health Care: A Brave New World. [REVIEW] Health Care Analysis 23 (1):106-106.
- Paula Lobato de Faria (ed.) (2006). The Role of Health Law, Bioethics, and Human Rights to Promote a Safer and Healthier World. Fundação Luso-Americana.
- H. Tristram Engelhardt (2011). Core Competencies for Health Care Ethics Consultants: In Search of Professional Status in a Post-Modern World. HEC Forum 23 (3):129-145.
- Adnan A. Hyder & Liza Dawson (2005). Defining Standard of Care in the Developing World: The Intersection of International Research Ethics and Health Systems Analysis. Developing World Bioethics 5 (2):142–152.
- Benjamin Mason Meier (2007). Advancing Health Rights in a Globalized World: Responding to Globalization Through a Collective Human Right to Public Health. Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics 35 (4):545-555.
- Gopal Sreenivasan (2007). Health and Justice in Our Non-Ideal World. Politics, Philosophy and Economics 6 (2):218-236.
- Daniel M. Hausman, Yukiko Asada & Thomas Hedemann (2002). Health Inequalities and Why They Matter. Health Care Analysis 10 (2):177-191.
- Yukiko Asada (2006). Is Health Inequality Across Individuals of Moral Concern? Health Care Analysis 14 (1):25-36.
- Shawn H. E. Harmon (2009). International Public Health Law: Not so Much WHO as Why, and Not Enough WHO and Why Not? [REVIEW] Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy 12 (3):245-255.
- Helen L. Walls, Colin D. Butler, Jane Dixon & Indira Samarawickrema (2015). Implications of Structure Versus Agency for Addressing Health and Well-Being in Our Ecologically Constrained World: With a Focus on Prospects for Gender Equity. Ijfab: International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics 8 (2):47-69.
- Charles Mpofu, Tarun Sen Gupta & Richard Hays (2016). The Ethics of Medical Practitioner Migration From Low-Resourced Countries to the Developed World: A Call for Action by Health Systems and Individual Doctors. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 13 (3):395-406.
- Rod Sheaff (1998). Towards a Global Theory of Health Systems: Milton Roemer's National Health Systems of the World. Health Care Analysis 6 (2):150-163.
|1 — 50 / 1000||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: