- Christopher Boorse (1977). Health as a Theoretical Concept. Philosophy of Science 44 (4):542-573.
- Kalle Grill & Angus Dawson (forthcoming). Ethical Frameworks in Public Health Decision-Making: Defending a Value-Based and Pluralist Approach. Health Care Analysis:1-17.
- Helen Watt (2015). Life and Health: A Value in Itself for Human Beings? HEC Forum 27 (3):207-228.
- Paulina Taboada, Kateryna Fedoryka Cuddeback & Patricia Donohue-White (eds.) (2002). Person, Society, and Value: Towards a Personalist Concept of Health. Kluwer Academic.
- Aasim I. Padela (2013). Islamic Verdicts in Health Policy Discourse: Porcine‐Based Vaccines as a Case Study. Zygon 48 (3):655-670.
- Thana Cristina de Campos (2012). Health as a Basic Human Need: Would This Be Enough? Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics 40 (2):251-267.
- K. Fedoryka (1997). Health as a Normative Concept: Towards a New Conceptual Framework. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 22 (2):143-160.
- Michael D. Rozier (2016). Structures of Virtue as a Framework for Public Health Ethics. Public Health Ethics 9 (1):37-45.
- Michael McCubbin & David Cohen (1999). A Systemic and Value-Based Approach to Strategic Reform of the Mental Health System. Health Care Analysis 7 (1):57-77.
- K. W. M. Fulford (1993). Praxis Makes Perfect: Illness as a Bridge Between Biological Concepts of Disease and Social Conceptions of Health. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics 14 (4).
- James G. Lennox (1995). Health as an Objective Value. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 20 (5):499-511.
- Norbert Paul (2010). A Closer Look at Health and Disease as Prerequisites for Diagnosis and Prognosis. Medicine Studies 2 (2):95-100.
- Elizabeth Lutge, Catherine Slack & Douglas Wassenaar (2017). Defining and Negotiating the Social Value of Research in Public Health Facilities: Perceptions of Stakeholders in a Research‐Active Province of South Africa. Bioethics 31 (2):128-135.
- A. R. Singh & S. A. Singh (2003). Towards a Suicide Free Society: Identify Suicide Prevention as Public Health Policy. Mens Sana Monographs 1 (2):3.
- Martin Lipscomb (2011). Challenging the Coherence of Social Justice as a Shared Nursing Value. Nursing Philosophy 12 (1):4-11.
- Lubomira Radoilska (2009). Public Health Ethics and Liberalism. Public Health Ethics 2 (2):135-145.
- Eva Peguero, Anna Berenguera, Enriqueta Pujol-Ribera, Begoña Roman, Carmen M. Prieto & Núria Terribas (2015). The Workers Opinions Have a Value in the Code of Ethics: Analysis of the Contributions of Workers in Virtual Forum Catalan Institute of Health. BMC Medical Ethics 16 (1):1-18.
- Gabriele Badano (2016). Still Special, Despite Everything: A Liberal Defence of the Value of Healthcare in the Face of the Social Determinants of Health. Social Theory and Practice 42 (1):183-204.
- Marco Antonio Azevedo (2015). Health as a Clinic-Epidemiological Concept. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 21 (3):365-373.
- P. Lehoux, M. Hivon, B. Williams-Jones, F. A. Miller & D. R. Urbach (2012). How Do Medical Device Manufacturers' Websites Frame the Value of Health Innovation? An Empirical Ethics Analysis of Five Canadian Innovations. Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy 15 (1):61-77.
- Bjørn Hofmann (2005). On Value-Judgements and Ethics in Health Technology Assessment. Poiesis and Praxis 3 (4):277-295.
- A. M. Buyx (2008). Personal Responsibility for Health as a Rationing Criterion: Why We Don't Like It and Why Maybe We Should. Journal of Medical Ethics 34 (12):871-874.
- J. E. Sitvast & T. A. Abma (2012). The Photo-Instrument as a Health Care Intervention. Health Care Analysis 20 (2):177-195.
- Raphael Woolf (2009). Truth as a Value in Plato's Republic. Phronesis 54 (1):9-39.
- Sandra J. Tanenbaum (2011). Mental Health Consumer-Operated Services Organizations in the US: Citizenship as a Core Function and Strategy for Growth. [REVIEW] Health Care Analysis 19 (2):192-205.
- Efrat Ram-Tiktin (2012). The Right to Health Care as a Right to Basic Human Functional Capabilities. Ethical Theory and Moral Practice 15 (3):337 - 351.
- Sune Holm (2013). Health as a Property of Engineered Living Systems. Bioethics 27 (8):419-425.
- Nicola Barsdorf & Joseph Millum (2017). The Social Value of Health Research and the Worst Off. Bioethics 31 (2):105-115.
- Erik Krag (2013). Health as Normal Function: A Weak Link in Daniels's Theory of Just Health Distribution. Bioethics 27 (3):427-435.
- Judith Andre (1986). Privacy as a Value and as a Right. Journal of Value Inquiry 20 (4):309-317.
- Agomoni Ganguli‐Mitra, Edward S. Dove, Graeme T. Laurie & Samuel Taylor‐Alexander (2017). Reconfiguring Social Value in Health Research Through the Lens of Liminality. Bioethics 31 (2):87-96.
- Vladislav A. Lektorsky (2013). Rationality as a Value of Culture. Russian Studies in Philosophy 52 (1):40-52.
- J. -F. Menard (2010). A 'Nudge' for Public Health Ethics: Libertarian Paternalism as a Framework for Ethical Analysis of Public Health Interventions? Public Health Ethics 3 (3):229-238.
- Kristina Gupta (2011). “Screw Health”: Representations of Sex as a Health-Promoting Activity in Medical and Popular Literature. [REVIEW] Journal of Medical Humanities 32 (2):127-140.
- David Detmer (1986). Freedom as a Value: A Critique of the Ethical Theory of Jean-Paul Sartre. Open Court.
- María José Alcaraz León (2011). Morally Wrong Beauty as a Source of Value. Nordic Journal of Aesthetics 22 (40-41).
- M. E. J. Nielsen (2011). Republicanism as a Paradigm for Public Health--Some Comments. Public Health Ethics 4 (1):40-52.
- M. Carmen Ruiz Jiménez, Manuel Carlos Vallejo Martos & Rocío Martínez Jiménez (2013). Organisational Harmony as a Value in Family Businesses and Its Influence on Performance. Journal of Business Ethics 126 (2):1-14.
- Louis Quéré (2015). Value as a Social Fact: An Adverbial Approach. Human Studies 38 (1):157-177.
- Jitka Cirklová (2012). Buddhism as a Value Source in the Course of New Identity and Lifestyle Formation in the Czech Republic. Contemporary Buddhism 13 (2):263-279.
- Zohar Lederman (2016). One Health and Culling as a Public Health Measure. Public Health Ethics 9 (1):5-23.
- Thaddeus Metz (2014). Meaning as a Distinct and Fundamental Value: Reply to Kershnar. Science, Religion and Culture 1 (2):101-106.
- Matthew K. Wynia (2007). Mandating Vaccination: What Counts as a "Mandate" in Public Health and When Should They Be Used? American Journal of Bioethics 7 (12):2 – 6.
- Albert W. Musschenga (1998). Intrinsic Value as a Reason for the Preservation of Minority Cultures. Ethical Theory and Moral Practice 1 (2):201-225.
- Robert M. O'Neil (2009). "Academic Freedom as a" Canonical Value". Social Research: An International Quarterly 76 (2):437-450.
- Shawn H. E. Harmon (2015). In Search of Global Health Justice: A Need to Reinvigorate Institutions and Make International Law. Health Care Analysis 23 (4):352-375.
- Pauline Kleingeld & Joel Anderson (2014). Justice as a Family Value: How a Commitment to Fairness is Compatible with Love. Hypatia 29 (2):320-336.
- Joseph Heath, Health Care as a Commodity.
- Robert Elliot (2005). Instrumental Value in Nature as a Basis for the Intrinsic Value of Nature as a Whole. Environmental Ethics 27 (1):43-56.
- Moses B. F. Massaquoi & Stephen B. Kennedy (2003). Evaluation of Chloroquine as a Potent Anti‐Malarial Drug: Issues of Public Health Policy and Healthcare Delivery in Post‐War Liberia. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 9 (1):83-87.
|1 — 50 / 1000||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: