Linked bibliography for the SEP article "Evolutionary Genetics" by Michael Wade
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Cook, L. M. and D. A. Jones. 1996. "The medionigra gene in
the moth Panaxia dominula: The case for selection." Phil.
Trans. Roy. Soc., B 351: 1623-1634. (Scholar)
- Ewens, W. C. 2000. "The mathematical foundations of population
genetics." In: Evolutionary genetics, R. Singh and C.
Krimbas, eds. Cambridge University Press, New York, pp. 24-40. (Scholar)
- Fisher, R. A. 1930. The genetical theory of natural
selection. Clarendon Press, Oxford. (Scholar)
- Fisher, R. A., and E. B. Ford. 1947. "The spread of a gene in
natural conditions in a colony of the moth Panaxia dominula
L." Heredity, 1:143-174. (Scholar)
- Fisher, R. A., and E. B. Ford. 1950. "The “Sewall
Wright” effect." Heredity 4:117-119. (Scholar)
- Ford, E. B. 1940. "Genetic research in the Lepidoptera." Ann.
Eugenics, 10:227-252. (Scholar)
- Ford, E. B. 1975. Ecological Genetics, 4th ed,
Chap. 7. Chapman and Hall, London. (Scholar)
- Goodnight, C. J. and M. J. Wade. 2000. "The ongoing synthesis: a
reply to Coyne et al." (1999). Evolution, 54:
- Haldane, J. B. S. 1957. "The cost of natural selection."
Journal of Genetics, 55:511-524. (Scholar)
- Huxley, J. 1942. Evolution the modern synthesis. Harper & Brothers, New York. (Scholar)
- Kimura, M. 1983. The neutral theory of molecular
evolution. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Lewontin, R. C. 1974. The genetic basis of evolutionary change. New York: Columbia University Press. (Scholar)
- Nevo, E. 2001. "Evolution of genome-phenome diversity under
environmental stress." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (USA),
- Provine, W. B. 1971. The origins of theoretical population
genetics. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. (Scholar)
- Provine, W. B. 1986. Sewall Wright and evolutionary
biology. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. (Scholar)
- Shuster, S. M. and M. J. Wade. 2003. Mating systems and
strategies. Princeton: Princeton University Press. (Scholar)
- Wade, M. J. 2001. "Epistasis, complex traits, and rates of
evolution." Genetica, 112: 59-69. (Scholar)
- Wade, M. J. 2002. "A gene's eye view of epistasis, selection, and
speciation." J. Evol. Biology, 15:337-346.
- Wade, M. J., and C. J. Goodnight. 1998. "Genetics and adaptation
in metapopulations: When nature does many small experiments."
Evolution, 52:1537-1553. (Scholar)
- Wright, S. 1948. "On the roles of directed and random changes in
gene frequency in the genetics of populations." Evolution,