The PhilPapers Metasurvey was a concurrent survey of professional philosophers and others concerning their predictions of the results of the Survey. The Metasurvey was taken by 727 respondents including 438 professional philosophers and PhDs and 210 philosophy graduate students.
The results of the survey and our analysis are discussed in What Do Philosophers Believe? (forthcoming in Philosophical Studies).
- PhilPapers Survey: Results
- PhilPapers Metasurvey: Results
- Demographic statistics
- List of public respondents (with browsable answers)
- Correlations between the answers of the target faculty group:
- Most correlated variables (start here)
- Correlations for all variables (another good starting point)
- How are the correlations calculated?
- Geographical effects (region of affiliation):
- Gender effects:
- Age effects
Discussion and analysis
- On the conception and design of the Survey: Editors' thoughts
- On the results of the Survey: Editors' thoughts
- Factor analysis