- Faculty, Elms College
- PhD, Saint Louis University, 2008.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I am interested in (1) the Human Capability Approach developed by Martha Nussbaum and Amartya Sen; (2) deliberative democratic theory; (3) Jürgen Habermas; (4) Hannah Arendt and (5) cross-pollinations of these four areas.
I have published on the meaning of life and on ethical debates surrounding a Basic Income Guarantee.
I have enjoyed teaching critical thinking, health care ethics, social and political philosophy, contemporary German philosophy, and philosophy of feminism.
- Jason B. Murphy (2010). Baby Steps: Basic Income and the Need for Incremental Organizational Development. Basic Income Studies 5 (1):Article 7.
- Jason Burke Murphy (2010). Betting on Life: A Pascalian Argument for Seeking to Discover Meaning. The Monist 31 (1):136-141.
- J. B. Murphy (2002). Equality in Exchange. American Journal of Jurisprudence 47 (1):85-121.
- J. Murphy (1996). Peter Gathercole, TH Irving and Gregory Melleuish (Eds), Childe and Australia: Archaeology, Politics and Ideas. Thesis Eleven 47:124-126.
- Dee Vernberg & J. Murphy (1996). Perceived Risk, Knowledge, and the Lifeworld: The Individualising Dynamisms of Passions and the Tying of Communal Order. Analecta Husserliana 48:121-134.
- J. B. Murphy (1994). A Natural Law of Human Labor. American Journal of Jurisprudence 39 (1):71-95.
- J. Murphy (1992). Gebärmutter in der Überflußgesellschaft. Clio 35:1992.
- G. Fergusson, J. Murphy & R. Hudson (1991). The Quest for the Mount Kenya Muriyu. Vivarium 3:18-22.
- J. Murphy (1988). Culture, Identity, and Politics Ernest Gellner (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1987). Vii + 189pp., $39.50, Cloth; $12.95, Paper. [REVIEW] History of European Ideas 9 (6):759-760.
- J. Murphy (1965). Berkeley and the Metaphor of Mental Sustance. Ratio 7:170-179.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: