- Faculty, University of Tasmania
- PhD, Indiana University, Bloomington, 2002.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My philosophical views
My primary research interests lie at the intersection of metaphysics and science. At the metaphysical end of this field I work on issues of causation, powers, emergence and the laws of nature. At the physical end, I work on the nature of space and time, with a particular interest in the arrow of time. My wider interests include the philosophy of biology, epistemology, and the philosophy of mind.
- Richard Corry (2015). ESP, Causation, and the Possibility of Precognition. In Edwin May & Sonali Marwaha (eds.), Extrasensory Perception: Support, Skepticism, and Science. Praeger 107--127.
- Richard Corry (2015). Retrocausal Models for EPR. Studies in the History and Philosophy of Modern Physics 49:1-9.
- Richard Corry (2014). A Dilemma of Consumer Responsibility. Philosophy Now 102:9-11.
- David Coady & Richard Corry (2013). The Climate Change Debate: An Epistemic and Ethical Enquiry. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Richard Corry (2013). Emerging From the Causal Drain. Philosophical Studies 165 (1):29-47.
- Richard Corry (2011). Can Dispositional Essences Ground the Laws of Nature? Australasian Journal of Philosophy 89 (2):263 - 275.
- Richard Corry (2009). How is Scientific Analysis Possible? In Toby Handfield (ed.), Dispositions and Causes. Oxford University Press, Clarendon Press ;
- Huw Price & Richard Corry (2007). A Case for Causal Republicanism? In Huw Price & Richard Corry (eds.), Causation, Physics, and the Constitution of Reality: Russell's Republic Revisited. Oxford University Press
- Richard Corry (2006). Causal Realism and the Laws of Nature. Philosophy of Science 73 (3):261-276.
- Richard Corry, Robert N. Brandon, H. Frederik Nijhout, Richard Dawid, Ron Mallon, Jonathan M. Weinberg & Hong Yu Wong (2006). Causal Realism and the Laws of Nature. In Borchert (ed.), Philosophy of Science. Macmillan 261-276.
- Huw Price & Richard Corry (eds.) (2006). Causation, Physics, and the Constitution of Reality: Russell's Republic Revisited. Oxford University Press.
- Huw Price & Richard Corry (eds.) (2006). Causation, Physics, and the Constitution of Reality: Russell's Republic Revisited. Oxford University Press Uk.
- Philippe Chuard & Richard Corry, Looks Non-Transitive!
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: