- Faculty, University of Warwick
- PhD, University of London, 2002.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My main research interest is the nature of knowledge of language and linguistic understanding, and the role of that knowledge in communication. My other interests include: the philosophy of language; the communication of knowledge through testimony; the nature of linguistic properties; the semantics and metaphysics associated with talk about events, processes, and states; the philosophy of linguistics; the nature of perception, especially perception of speech; and the history of analytic philosophy, especially the work of Frege and Russell.
- Guy Longworth, Surveying the Facts.
- Guy Longworth (forthcoming). Ignorance of Linguistics: A Note on Michael Devitt's Ignorance of Linguistics. Croatian Journal of Philosophy.
- Guy Longworth (forthcoming). J. L. Austin. In B. Lee (ed.), Philosophy of Language: The Key Thinkers. Continuum.
- Guy Longworth (forthcoming). Prospects for a Truth-Conditional Account of Standing Meaning. In Richard Schantz (ed.), Current Issues in Theoretical Philosophy, v.3, Prospects for Meaning. De Gruyter.
- Guy Longworth (2014). Disagreement and Skepticism. Philosophical Quarterly 64 (254):188-191.
- Guy Longworth (2014). You and Me. :1-15.
- Guy Longworth (2013). Epistemic Authority. Analysis 74 (1):ant115.
- Guy Longworth (2013). Sharing Thoughts About Oneself. Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society 113 (1pt1):57-81.
- G. Longworth (2012). Knowledge on Trust * by Paul Faulkner. Analysis 72 (3):623-624.
- Guy Longworth (2012). Faith in Others. Abstracta 6 (3):6-32.
- Guy Longworth (2009). A Plea for Understanding. In Sarah Sawyer (ed.), New Waves in the Philosophy of Language. Palgrave.
- Guy Longworth (2009). Ignorance of Linguistics: A Note on Devitt's Ignorance of Language. Croatian Journal of Philosophy 25 (1):21-34.
- Guy Longworth (2009). Ignorance of Linguistics. Croatian Journal of Philosophy 9 (1):21-34.
- Guy Longworth (2009). Some Models of Linguistic Understanding. The Baltic International Yearbook 5 (1):7.
- G. Longworth (2008). Review: Robert J. Matthews: The Measure of Mind: Propositional Attitudes and Their Attribution. [REVIEW] Mind 117 (466):494-500.
- Guy Longworth (2008). Comprehending Speech. Philosophical Perspectives 22 (1):339-373.
- Guy Longworth (2008). Linguistic Understanding and Knowledge. Noûs 42 (1):50–79.
- Guy Longworth (2007). Conflicting Grammatical Appearances. Croatian Journal of Philosophy 21 (3):403-426.
- Guy Longworth (2007). Conflicting Grammatical Appearances. Croatian Journal of Philosophy 7 (3):403-426.
- Kit Fine, Jane Heal, Jennifer Hornsby, Keith Hossack, April Jones, Mark Kalderon, Guy Longworth, Mike Martin, Joseph Melia & Alex Oliver (2006). Fraser MacBride. In Barry C. Smith (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Language. Oxford University Press.
- Jennifer Hornsby & Guy Longworth (eds.) (2006). Reading Philosophy of Language: Selected Texts with Interactive Commentary. Blackwell Pub..
- Guy Longworth (2003). Where Should We Look for the Mind? Think 5 (5):45-50.
- Guy Longworth (2002). Timothy Williamson. Knowledge and Its Limits. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. Pp. Xi + 340. SATS: Northern European Journal of Philosophy 3 (1):135-139.
- Guy Longworth (2001). Demystifying Meaning. Philosophical Papers 30 (2):145-167.
- Guy Longworth, Something About John L. Austin.
- Guy Longworth, Analytic Philosophy.
- Guy Longworth, Empiricism/Rationalism.
- Guy Longworth, Appearance Pluralism, Perception, and Causation.
- Guy Longworth, Review of The Measure of Mind : Propositional Attitudes and Their Attribution, by Matthew, R. J. [REVIEW]
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: