OAI Archive: Digital.CSIC
Download type: partial
A 'partial' download type means that only articles matching certain keywords will be indexed. Dublin Core subject fields are used for matching. This might not be the best configuration for this archive. For example, if it contains categories ('sets') of articles relevant to this site, you might want to tell us about them so we download all these sets. Click here to edit this archive's configuration or view the sets it offers.
Some errors were encountered while harvesting this archive. Click here to view the most recent errors. This archive might not be properly harvested at this time due to these errors. You might want to advise its administrator. We are unable to provide more information about this archive to the public, but archive administrators can contact us for advice on how to rectify problems with their archives. A large number of errors reported here are due to archive software producing / letting end users produce records containing invalid XML.
100 entries most recently downloaded from the archive "Digital.CSIC"
- María Isabel Fierro Bello, The Religious Policy of the Almohads.The Almohads’ rule over the Islamic West—twelfth–thirteenth centuries, from western Lybia to the Iberian Peninsula—involved the imposition of their founder’s profession of faith stressing God’s unity on the population at large, including not only Jews and Christians who were forced to convert, but also Muslims. The original uncompromising rejection of anthropomorphism underwent changes as Almohad rule evolved from its Messianic origins to the official support of philosophical inquiry. Discussion of Ibn Tūmart’s profession of faith and its links with Ibn Ṭufayl’s (...)No categories
- Txetxu Ausín & Lorenzo Peña, Arguing From Facts to Duties.7 pages.-- Delivered to: 5th International Conference on Argumentation, The International Society for the Study of Argumentation, University of Amsterdam, 25-28 June 2002.No categories
- Lorenzo Peña, Raul Orayen's Views on Philosophy of Logic: Critical Notice of R. Orayen's Logica, Significado y Ontologia.Raul Orayen's book _Lógica, significado y ontología_ is a deep study into a range of issues in the philosophy of logic, taking Quine as the main interlocutor. It goes into subjects such as Truth-bearerss, Logical Truth, Validity, Propositions, Quine's Extensionalism, Relevant Logic and disjunctive syllogism, and Castañeda's ontology of Guises.
- Lorenzo Peña, Cuatro Obras de Mauricio Beuchot.The paper examines Beuchot's approach and agrees that there are many coincidences between medieval Aristotelianism and analytical philosophy. Both pursue philosophical inquiry in an argumentative manner. Nowadays analytical philosophy also tends to recognize as genuine such traditional metaphysical problems as were debated by the Scholastics. The paper's only criticism at Beuchot's views concerns analogy and reduplicative as-clauses. It argues that on that issue the cleavage between medieval and analytical philosophy lies in the latter's tending to favor complete equivocality of the (...)No categories
- Lorenzo Peña & Manuel Liz, Critical Notice of Subject, Thought and Context.The main starting point of many of the contributions collected into the book is the kind of Twin Earth considerations, along with meaning individualism. Is Putnam's claim about water in this world and a stuff in an alternative world being different materials?. Is meaning in the head? One seems allowed to be skeptical about the starting point of the debate between such as emphasize broad content and those who think that the basic semantic entities are narrow contents, which would fail (...)
- Jon Arrizabalaga, Problematizing Retrospective Diagnosis in the History of Disease.Earlier versions of this article were presented at the 19th International Congress of Historical Sciences and at the 11th Simposium de la Sociedad Española de Historia de la Medicina.No categories