OAI Archive: Digitální repozitář NUŠL (National Repository of Grey Literature)
Download type: partial
A 'partial' download type means that only articles matching certain keywords will be indexed. Dublin Core subject fields are used for matching. This might not be the best configuration for this archive. For example, if it contains categories ('sets') of articles relevant to this site, you might want to tell us about them so we download all these sets. Click here to edit this archive's configuration or view the sets it offers.
100 entries most recently downloaded from the archive "Digitální repozitář NUŠL (National Repository of Grey Literature)"
This set has the following status: partial.
- Krása Jako Unitas Multiplex U Plótína.Ota Gál - 2019 - Dissertation, Charles UniversityThe thesis investigates Plotinus' concept of beauty. Chapter 1 focuses on two methodological issues: development in Plotinus' thought and topics of the concerned Enneads. Since Plotinus wrote two Enneads directly devoted to this topic which were numbered and named by Porphyry I.6 On beauty and V.8 On intellectual beauty, these two treatises are addressed first in the context of other relevant Enneads. The outcome of these chapters is that beauty is primarily to be found in Intellect and that it is (...)No categories
- Violence as a Philosophical Problem.Erin Garrett - unknownLiberal democracies sit on a foundation of popular sovereignty and the values of equality, liberty, and fairness. While some coercion by the state is necessary in order to maintain state sovereignty and provide a stable government, and excessive use of state coercion violates the liberty of its citizens. The harm and offense principles provide the boundaries of acceptable state coercion, but if these laws are unfairly enforced by police as the domestic arm of state authority, then the equality of liberty (...)No categories
- Logický Pluralismus V Historické Perspektivě.Pavel Arazim - 2018 - Dissertation, Charles UniversityLogical pluralism from historical perspective -The plurality of logics is understood as a challenge to seek a deeper understanding of the na- ture and import of logic. Two basic approaches to demarcation of logic are considered, the model-theoretic and the proof-theoretic one. Investigation of the history which led to these two appraoches identifies the postion of logic in Kant's epistemology as crucial for the devel- opment. An analogical development from Kant's conception of geometry to the plurality of geometric theories leads (...)No categories
- Naturalizace Jednoty Vědomí: Mohou Neurovědy Vysvětlit Zásadní Rys Subjektivity?Martin Vraný - 2018 - Dissertation, Charles University FacultiesNaturalizing the Unity of Consciousness: can neuroscience explain a fundamental feature of subjectivity? Martin VranýThe aim of the dissertation is to analyze the concept of the unity of conscious- ness as an explanandum for natural sciences and assess how good an explanation do leading neuroscientific theories of consciousness provide. The motivation be- hind this project is the idea that it is the unity which poses the greatest challenge for the scientific quest for consciousness. I argue in the Introduction that the (...)No categories
- Setkání Ve Wat Dhammakittiwongu.Kroulík Milan - unknownThis paper is based on field-work performed in a Thai Buddhist Temple in Prague in the year 2016. The aim is to describe and in describing analyze rituals organized in and through the temple from a materialist phenomenological point of view, as well as based on an ideal-type Theravāda cosmology. In drawing on post-colonial philosophy, part of the focus lies also on the process of becoming other. This is achieved in situating practice and mimesis at the center of methodological inquiry. (...)No categories
- "All This Little Affair with 'Being' is Over:" Metaphysical Crisis in Virginia Woolf's The Waves.Opravil Vít - unknownThesisThe present thesis sets out to follow three different problems in the metaphysics of Virginia Woolf's late novel The Waves and contrast them with the theories of three thinkers - Gilles Deleuze, Félix Guattari and Jacques Derrida. First chapter discusses Woolf's approach to subjectivity. It is shown that Deleuze's and Guattari's method establishing subjectivity as a by- product of a machinic assemblage is particularly fruitful in reading the characters in the first four chapters where their bodies and their "subjectivities" form (...)No categories
- Deconstructing the Fantastic World of Wes Anderson - The Philosophy Behind the Artificial Surface of a Contemporary Director.Szemetová Lucia - unknown1The subject of this thesis is Wes Anderson's cinematic world. The analysis draws an auteur study of this contemporary director in order to discover what sensibility his cinema demonstrates. Anderson's sentiment causes a reinterpretation of lost values and generates specific thinking, which allow it to be considered as a mediation of his own filmic "philosophy." The backbone theory consists of philosophy, in general, and of postmodernism and metamodernism, specifically. The three postmodern elements to be discussed are the meta-cinematic techniques, pastiche (...)No categories
- Ekologie Společenstev Z Hlediska Klasické a Bayesovské Statistiky.Klimeš Adam - unknownCommunity ecology from the perspective of classic and Bayesian statistics Ekologie společenstev z hlediska klasické a Bayesovské statistiky Řešitel: Adam Klimeš Vedoucí práce: Mgr. Petr Keil, Ph.D.Quantitative evaluation of evidence through statistics is a central part of present-day science. Bayesian approach represents an emerging but rapidly developing enrichment of statistical analysis. The approach differs in its foundations from the classic methods. These differences, such as the different interpretation of probability, are often seen as obstacles for acceptance of Bayesian approach. In (...)No categories
- Filosofická Perspektiva V Díle Johna Fowlese The Collector.Dlasková Barbora - unknownThe present bachelor thesis deals with the book The Collector written by John Fowles. The thesis considers the novel from the philosophical perspective, especially from the Existentialist point of view. The theoretical part provides an overview of the philosophical themes which are subsequently applied in the practical part. The practical part focuses on the two main characters, Miranda Grey and Ferdinand Clegg, and their opposite life attitudes. Miranda is perceived as an Existential-heroine ready for an authentic life whereas Ferdinand represents (...)No categories
- Fyzický a Psychický Prostor V Anglické Modernistické Literatuře.Martin Štefl - unknownThe thesis discusses affinities between physical and psychical spaces in selected works of D. H. Lawrence, Virginia Woolf and Wyndham Lewis in connection with the main philosophical and aesthetic problems posed by the changes in modernist representation of character with respect to space and place. In doing so, the argument assesses the "in-human humanism" of D. H. Lawrence and Virginia Woolf which manifests itself in the interrelation between states of mind and material universe, the way in which the consciousness accommodates (...)No categories
- Parataktický Agregát - Feyerabendova Pluralistická Filosofie.Luděk Brouček - unknownMy dissertation project investigates Paul Feyerabend's later work, focusing on his epistemological and ontological positions. This thesis analyzes Feyerabend's later pluralistic philosophy and his view of historicity of knowledge from examples of the interpretation of the transition from archaic pre-rational epistemological framework to Greek and Western rationalism. The first part outlines Feyerabend's philosophical development along with his continuously changing philosophical views and offers an account of Feyerabend's critical reception among the philosophical community. The second part focuses on Feyerabend's interpretation of (...)No categories
- Narativní Struktury V Krátké Próze Virginie Woolf.Kovačeva Elizabet - unknownThesisOne of the basic principles of modernism was to evaluate existing traditions and cultural norms, to innovate them, and to get rid of them if necessary. The need and urge to innovate proved to be immensely productive in the short story genre. The short story is now perceived as independent of other prose forms precisely thanks to the modernists. Virginia Woolf was one of the most enthusiastic innovators of the form, her work in the genre is nevertheless often overlooked in (...)No categories
- Emersonův Vliv Na Ženy V Pracích Nathaniela Hawthorna.Teršová Tereza - unknownDue to its emphasis on the concepts of self-reliance, inner guidance and the aboriginal Self, Ralph Waldo Emerson's philosophy elaborates theses that favor the individual over community, such as the superiority and sanctity of self-definition, as opposed to definitions constructed by society and imposed on the individual. It is possible, then, to perceive his philosophy as important for the formation of the Women's Rights Movement and for the emerging feminism. In his four romances, Nathaniel Hawthorne creates female protagonists who advocate (...)No categories
- Estetika V Krátké Próze D. H. Lawrence.Štefl Martin - unknownThe thesis presents an analysis of the selected themes of D. H. Lawrence's aesthetics and philosophy in relation to his short stories. The main focus of the presented argument is the notion of language, knowledge and the Self. These chapters form and constitute a coherent thematic unity of the Lawrentian "triptych". The above mentioned phenomena are demonstrated to form the foundation of Lawrence's aesthetical and philosophical thought as it is put into practice in his short fiction. The argument aims to (...)No categories
- Light Navigation Around the Republic of Kalmikia, RUSSIA.Anna Maltseva, Kermen Bainkharaeva, Aleksandra Pinaeva & Michal Vik - unknownKalmykia is a unique region in the Russian Federation as its identity dramatically different from other regions of the European part of Russia. It is an intercultural westernmost part of Russia, which professes Buddhism; its traditions are tightly connected with its religion creating a nonrecurring environment. "Navigation system of Kalmykia, Russia", tries to solve an existing problem of promoting the cultural heritage of the Republic both within Russia and abroad. One of the goals of this project is to attract people (...)
- Modeling Events on the Semantic Web.Tomáš Hanzal - unknownThere are many ontologies and datasets on the semantic web that mention events. Events are important in our perception of the world and in our descriptions of it, therefore also on the semantic web. There is however not one best way to model them. This is connected to the fact that even the question what events are can be approached in different ways. Our aim is to better understand how events are represented on the semantic web and how it could (...)
- Soaresova Kritika Arriagova Pojetí Nekonečna.Milan Mráz - unknownThe famous Spanish theologian and philosopher Rodrigo de Arriaga, who lived and worked for a long time in Prague in the 17th century, was one of the leading proponents of the conception of the possibility of topical infinity in the sphere of creation. He explained his concept of this topic or problem in some places of his work Cursus Philosophicus. His explanation underwent criticism by Arriaga's contemporary, the important Portugal theologian and philosopher Franciscus Soares, working in Coimbra and in Evora. (...)
- Filosofická Východiska Trvale Udržitelného Rozvoje.Jakub Tesař - unknownThe bachelor thesis is in it’s first part about sources of relation between human and nonhuman nature. Second part is seeking for roots of increasing personal consumption. The thesis is describing the problem from several different angles, most of all as alienation of the human not just from nature, but also from himself. The defined range is analyzed through the work of lead authors in the field of sustainable development. The final evaluation consists from (1) brief comparison of mentioned authors' (...)
- Analýza Firemní Kultury Zvolené Společnosti.Jiří Zvolský - unknownIn theoretical part of this diploma thesis called „Analysis of company culture within chosen organization“ there is to be found a description of characteristics and issues of company culture with further stress on establishment of typology. Summary of these characteristics and issues is followed by introduction of chosen company Holmes Place Energy Černý Most. This company is researched in terms of company culture in following departments: membership offers, personal training and reception. Data gained through document analyses, observation and questionnaire survey (...)
- Ekologická Krize Jako Filosofický Problém.Tomáš Pilař - unknownThis thesis deals with the ecological crisis in a broader context. It is based on the premise that this crisis is a crisis of values and can be considered as a result of gradual alienation of humans from the nature. The current ecological crisis is the result of this process. Consequently if the existence of mankind on the planet is supposed to be sustainable, it is necessary to completely rethink the human relationship to the outside world, especially the nature. Its (...)
- The Logica Yearbook 2001.Timothy Childers - unknownThe volume comprises most of the papers presented at the international symposium LOGICA 2001. Reflecting the tradition of the LOGICA symposia, the papers deal with the broad range of problems in logic relevant to philosophy. Contributors include Ladislav Kohout, Veikko Rantala and Göran Sundholm.
- The University of Paris and the Foundations of the Bohemian Reformation.Vilém Herold - unknown
- Global Probability for Possible Worlds.Ondrej Majer - unknownIn the majority of papers on probability in the framework of possible worlds the existence of a global probability distribution is taken for granted. The aim of the article is to discuss the epistemic aspect of this assumption in the connection to the status assigned to possible worlds. Two questions are discussed in particular: the justification of the global probability distribution and compatibility of the global probability assumption with the structure of the universe of the possible worlds.
- Horwich's Conception of Meanings: How to Change His "Deflationary View" Into a Non-Trivial Conception.Pavel Materna - unknownA critical comment to Horwich's deflationary theory of meaning: the deflationary view ignores the fact that the way the subexpressions of an expression are combined is language dependent unlike meaning, which is in a sense 'international'; the link between the grammatical structure and the respective construction is not as direct and simple as it would follow from Horwich's conception.