|1 — 50 / 109|
- Keith Allen (2008). Mechanism, Resemblance and Secondary Qualities: From Descartes to Locke. British Journal for the History of Philosophy 16 (2):273 – 291.
- Fabrizio Amerini (2011). Intention, Primary and Secondary. In H. Lagerlund (ed.), Encyclopedia of Medieval Philosophy. Springer. 555--558.
- Abram Amsel (1950). The Combination of a Primary Appetitional Need with Primary and Secondary Emotionally Derived Needs. Journal of Experimental Psychology 40 (1):1.
- David M. Armstrong (1987). Smart and the Secondary Qualities. In Philip Pettit, Richard Sylvan & J. Norman (eds.), Metaphysics And Morality. Blackwell.
- Margaret Atherton (1992). Ideas in the Mind, Qualities in Bodies: Some Distinctive Features of Locke's Account of Primary and Secondary Qualities. In Phillip D. Cummins & Guenter Zoeller (eds.), Minds, Ideas, and Objects: Essays in the Theory of Representation in Modern Philosophy. Ridgeview Publishing Company.
- Edward W. Averill (1982). The Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction. Philosophical Review 91 (July):343-362.
- Clare Batty (2009). What's That Smell? Southern Journal of Philosophy 47 (4):321-348.
- Lewis White Beck (1946). Secondary Quality. Journal of Philosophy 43 (October):599-609.
- Jonathan Bennett (1965). Substance, Reality, and Primary Qualities. American Philosophical Quarterly 2 (January):1-17.
- Ronald Bentley (1997). Secondary Metabolites Play Primary Roles in Human Affairs. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine 40 (2).
- José María Garrido Bermúdez (2010). Grossmann and Millán-Puelles on the Argument From Physics. Metaphysica 11 (2):163-180.
- Simon W. Blackburn (1993). Circles, Finks, Smells and Biconditionals. Philosophical Perspectives 7:259-279.
- Steffen Borge (2007). Some Remarks on Reid on Primary and Secondary Qualities. Acta Analytica 22 (1):74-84.
- Gordon G. Brittan Jr (1969). Measurability, Commonsensibility, and Primary Qualities. Australasian Journal of Philosophy 47 (1):15 – 24.
- D. H. M. Brooks (1992). Secondary Qualities and Representation. Analysis 52 (3):174-179.
- Alex Byme & David R. Hilbert (2011). Are Colors Secondary Qualities? In Lawrence Nolan (ed.), Primary and Secondary Qualities: The Historical and Ongoing Debate. Oxford University Press.
- Alex Byrne (2011). Sensory Qualities, Sensible Qualities, Sensational Qualities. In Brian McLaughlin, Ansgar Beckermann & Sven Walter (eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Mind. Oup Oxford.
- Alex Byrne & David R. Hilbert (2011). Are Colors Secondary Qualities? In Lawrence Nolan (ed.), Primary and Secondary Qualities: The Historical and Ongoing Debate. Oxford University Press.
- Maurice Charlesworth (1987). Hacker on Secondary Qualities. Mind 76 (July):386-391.
- Richard Chechile & Harry Fowler (1973). Primary and Secondary Negative Incentive Contrast in Differential Conditioning. Journal of Experimental Psychology 97 (2):189.
- Jennifer Church (1985). The Subjective View. Secondary Qualities and Indexical Thoughts. Grazer Philosophische Studien 24:175-184.
- P. R. Cole (1930). Some Aspects of Primary and Secondary Education. [REVIEW] Australasian Journal of Philosophy 8:152.
- Phillip D. Cummins (1963). Perceptual Relativity and Ideas in the Mind. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 24 (December):202-214.
- Will Davies (2014). The Inscrutability of Colour Similarity. Philosophical Studies 171 (2):289-311.
- Georges Dicker (1977). Primary and Secondary Qualities: A Proposed Modification of the Lockean Account. Southern Journal of Philosophy 15 (4):457-471.
- Jim Edwards (1992). Secondary Qualities and the a Priori. Mind 101 (402):263-272.
- Andy Egan (2006). Secondary Qualities and Self-Location. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 72 (1):97-119.
- William K. Estes (1949). A Study of Motivating Conditions Necessary for Secondary Reinforcement. Journal of Experimental Psychology 39 (3):306.
- Peter Fazekas & Zoltán Jakab, Sensory Representation and Cognitive Architecture: An Alternative to Phenomenal Concepts.
- Eugen Fischer (2009). Philosophical Pictures and Secondary Qualities. Synthese 171 (1):77 - 110.
- Marina Folescu (forthcoming). Perceiving Bodies Immediately: Thomas Reid's Insight. History of Philosophy Quarterly 32 (1).
- Paul W. Foos, Mark A. Sabol, Gustav Corral & Luana Mobley (1987). Age Differences in Primary and Secondary Memory. Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society 25 (3):159-160.
- Elisa Freschi (2008). How Do Exhortative Expressions Work? Bhāvanā and Vidhi in Rāmānujācārya and Other Mīmād Msā Authors. Rivista di Studi Orientali 81:149-185.
- Fanchon Frohlich (1959). Primary Qualities in Physical Explanation. Mind 68 (April):209-217.
- Todd Stuart Ganson (1998). On the Origins of Philosophical Inquiry Concerning the Secondary Qualities. Dissertation, Cornell University
- James J. Gibson (1969). Are There Sensory Qualities of Objects? Synthese 19 (April):408-409.
- R. P. Gregory (1984). Streaming, Setting and Mixed Ability Grouping in Primary and Secondary Schools: Some Research Findings. Educational Studies 10 (3):209-226.
- Edward C. Halper (1993). Primary Ousia. Review of Metaphysics 46 (3):625-627.
- Errol E. Harris (1956). The Mind-Dependence of Objects. Philosophical Quarterly 6 (24):223-235.
- Gary Hatfield (2011). Kant and Helmholtz on Primary and Secondary Qualities. In Lawrence Nolan (ed.), Primary and Secondary Qualities: The Historical and Ongoing Debate. Oxford University Press.
- Emmett Holman (2006). Dualism and Secondary Quality Eliminativism. Philosophical Studies 128 (2):229--56.
- Charles Owen Hopkins (1955). Effectiveness of Secondary Reinforcing Stimuli as a Function of the Quantity and Quality of Food Reinforcement. Journal of Experimental Psychology 50 (5):339.
- A. E. J. (1966). Primary Philosophy. Review of Metaphysics 20 (2):378-378.
- Rockney Jacobsen (1986). Colin McGinn, The Subjective View: Secondary Qualities and Individual Thoughts Reviewed By. Philosophy in Review 6 (1):9-11.
- Michael Jacovides, The Scientific Revolution and Locke's Image of the World.
- Michael Jacovides (2011). Primary and Secondary Qualities: The Historical and Ongoing Debate. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
- Michael Jacovides (2007). Locke's Distinctions Between Primary and Secondary Qualities. In Lex Newman (ed.), The Cambridge Companion to Locke's "Essay Concerning Human Understanding". Cambridge University Press.
- Michael Jacovides (1999). Locke's Resemblance Theses. Philosophical Review 108 (4):461-496.
- P. J. E. Kail (2001). Hutcheson's Moral Sense: Skepticism, Realism, and Secondary Qualities. History of Philosophy Quarterly 18 (1):57 - 77.
- Laura Keating (1993). Un-Locke-Ing Boyle: Boyle on Primary and Secondary Qualities. History of Philosophy Quarterly 10 (4):305 - 323.
|1 — 50 / 109||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: